Last updated on January 24, 2020
- What Information We Collect
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- What Information We Share
- How We Use Tracking Technologies, such as Cookies, Web Beacons and Tracking Pixels
- How We Secure Your Personal Information
- Your Rights Regarding Personal Information
- Links to Third-Party Websites
- Contact Us
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information, including Personal Information, only where we have lawful bases. Lawful bases on which we rely include your consent where you have given it, contract where processing is necessary for us to perform our obligations pursuant to a contract with you, and legitimate interests of our business such as operating and providing the Site or App.
We collect, store, and use the following categories of information, which includes Personal Information:
Information you give us:
- Your name, email address, date or birth, postal address, country, telephone number, and any other information you share when you create an account on our Site or App.
- We do not display your email address to other Users or Members; instead, others will see the name or nickname you enter in your profile settings.
- Your responses to surveys that we may ask you to complete for research purposes or to help direct BoxPro activities.
- Other Personal Information you voluntarily submit, which may include your gender, height, weight, your profile picture, etc.
- Any information you share when you contact us.
Information we get from your use of the Site or App:
- Details of how you use the Site or App.
- Your internet protocol address (i.e., IP address) and, if you access the Site or from a mobile device, your unique mobile device ID number and non-email authentication.
- Details of financial transactions you participate in on the Site or App or including the amount, currency, and method of payment.
- Your social media account IDs and information shared with us via your social media accounts.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect for a variety of purposes, including to improve the Site or App, optimise our technology, refine and customise our offerings, user experience and experience of our Members.
In particular, we use the information we collect to:
- To enable BoxPro users to train better and more effectively.
- Administer the Site and App and improve the overall user experience.
- Communicate with you through email, text, SMS, message via social media platforms, telephone, or any other medium for which we have contact information so that we can provide you with information and updates about us, our work, and our community, and to make it easier for you to share such information about us with your social networks.
- You can also contact BoxPro on relevant social media forums; however, we cannot maintain the privacy of your communication to us if you contact us through these channels.
- Send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Respond to comments and questions and provide technical support and customer support.
- Analyse how Users use the Site or App using tools like Google Analytics and other tools to help us understand traffic patterns and know if there are problems with the Site or App.
- Create targeted advertising to promote the Site or App and engage our community of Members and Users.
- Protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorised, or illegal activity.
- Link or combine user information with other Personal Information, such as using height, weight, gender and age to provide bespoke information to you about your body and performance.
- Compare information for accuracy, update our records, and verify it with third parties.
WHAT INFORMATION WE SHARE
We do not rent, sell, or share your Personal Information with other people or non-affiliated third parties, except with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction you have requested or authorised. We currently do not share personal data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your consent.
To help us do our work, we may provide limited access to some of your Personal Information to the following third parties:
- Partner Organisations: Sometimes we partner with other groups to further our mission. In these cases, we may share your name, contact information and other details you provided when making an account with our partners.
- Affiliated Third Parties: We may share our subscriber list, which include Members’ names, email addresses, postal addresses, phone numbers, social media IDs, comments, and action history, with our affiliates or subsidiaries.
- Service Providers: We work with a wide range of third party providers, notably our database administrators, cloud computing services, advertising services, data analysts, application service providers, bulk SMS services, and other non-governmental organisations. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your Personal Information except in connection with providing their services to BoxPro.
- Payment processors: We do not view or store credit card information. We work with payment processors used by Apple, Google and through WooCommerce to help process credit card transactions and other payment methods made through the Site or App. These payment processors will store certain information about you. Please refer to their privacy policies to learn more about how they use your Personal Information. We do store your shipping address, so we can process any merchandise orders. If you are signed into your BoxPro account when you purchase a product or service on our Site or through the App, we will associate that order with your BoxPro account.
We will also share Personal Information with companies, organisations or individuals outside of BoxPro if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of your Personal Information is reasonably necessary to (1) detect or protect against fraud or security issues, to enforce our Terms, (2) meet any enforceable government request, (3) defend against legal claims, or protect against harm our legal rights or safety, or that of our staff and/or Members.
HOW WE USE TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES, SUCH AS COOKIES, WEB BEACONS AND TRACKING PIXELS
We, or third parties we do business with, may use certain technologies to automatically collect log files and other information about your usage of, and the devices you use to access, the Site or App (“Tracking Technologies“). For example, we may use Tracking Technologies like cookies, log files, web beacons, session replay scripts, or similar technologies to help us analyse our web page and in-application user flow, customise our services, content and advertising, measure promotional effectiveness and promote trust and safety.
Web beacons, tracking pixels and similar Tracking Technologies may be used to track the traffic patterns of users from one page to another in order to maximize traffic flow. Our third-party advertising service providers may also use Tracking Technologies to recognize you when you visit the Site or download the App, and to help determine how you found the Site or App.
HOW WE SECURE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure, misuse, or destruction. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. The safety and security of your Personal Information also depends on you. If you are a Member, you are solely responsible for keeping your membership details confidential, including any access credentials like passwords or mobile device PINs. If you have a security-related concern, please contact us.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have certain rights with respect to the use of Personal Information on our Site or in the App:
Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data. All Users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information furnished by a user in their account by contacting us at https://boxprotraining.co.uk/contact-us/, or by editing their profile via the App. If you completely delete all of your Personal Information, then your account may become deactivated. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honour your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Delete or Correct Your Content. You may access, correct, amend, or delete Your Content by accessing your account. You control all of Your Content and any other User Content you upload. Content that you delete (including Content containing Personal Information) may be retained in archived or backup copies in order to enable you to use certain features like workout history. For instructions on how to permanently delete Your Content from your account, please contact us at https://boxprotraining.co.uk/contact-us/. Please note that permanent deletion of Your Content through this process will impair or disable those features with respect to that Content.
Delete or Correct Personal Information. You may access, correct, amend, or delete Personal Information we have about you by logging into your account and navigating to your account page or by contacting us at https://boxprotraining.co.uk/contact-us/. For your protection, we may only share and update the Personal Information associated with the specific email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before doing so. We will try to comply with such requests in a reasonably timely manner. If you wish to cancel your account, you may do so through your account page. If you do, personally identifiable information associated with your account will be deleted as soon as is reasonably practical or as required by applicable law. Please note that we may retain information that is otherwise deleted in anonymised and aggregated form, in archived or backup copies as required pursuant to records retention obligations, or otherwise as required by law.
Download or Access Personal Information. You can ask us for a copy of your Personal Information, as well as information about its processing, and can ask for a copy of your Personal Information (including in machine readable form) by contacting us at https://boxprotraining.co.uk/contact-us/.
Opting Out of Email Communications. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from our email list, you may do so by unsubscribing via the “Unsubscribe” link in any email related to BoxPro.
Marketing Communications. We may use some of the information we collect for marketing purposes, including to send you promotional communications about new BoxPro features, events, or other opportunities. If you wish to stop receiving these communications or to opt out of use of your information for these purposes, please follow the opt-out instructions by clicking “Unsubscribe” (or similar opt-out language) in those communications. You can also contact us at https://boxprotraining.co.uk/contact-us/ to opt out.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES OR SERVICES
By accessing the Site or App, you agree that we will not be liable for any damage or loss caused by your use of or reliance on any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from these third-party websites.
A NOTE TO USERS OUTSIDE THE UNITED KINGDOM
BoxPro is based in the United Kingdom. BoxPro (including the Site and App) are controlled and operated by us from the United Kingdom, and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United Kingdom. Your Personal Information may be collected, transferred to, stored and otherwise processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using BoxPro you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United Kingdom, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
We will ensure that transfers of Personal Information are provided an adequate level of protection as required by law or by asking for your prior consent.
If you have any questions about this Policy, your Personal Information, or BoxPro, you can contact us at https://boxprotraining.co.uk/contact-us/ or at the below address:
BoxPro Health & Fitness Ltd
c/o Data Protection Officer
160 City Rd, London EC1V 2NX
Please contact us if you have any complaints or concerns with respect to your privacy. If you believe we are unable to assist you, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the relevant jurisdiction. However, we are committed to working with you to resolve any complaint or concern you may have with respect to your privacy.